Summary of Clinical Outcomes
Mr Kim is a Fellowship trained Hip and Knee Surgeon who has over 16 years of independent, Consultant practice. He has been in full time independent private practice since 2017. He works collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team with other specialist colleagues, physiotherapists and Consultant colleagues. His clinical practice is supported by 2 full time members of staff, a practice manager and 2 clinical assistants.
Mr Kim’s surgical practice is focused on hip replacements, knee replacements and partial knee replacements; specifically leading-edge technology robot-arm assisted hip and knee replacements. These are highly technical operations.
Research has demonstrated that the number of hip and knee replacement procedures performed (e.g. a year) by treating Surgeons matters, * with better outcomes associated with higher volume hip and knee Surgeons.
Mr Kim performed the largest number of Robot-arm assisted hip and knee replacements in the United Kingdom (Year-end 2022, with more than 300 hip and knee replacements).
According to the National Joint Registry **, Mr Kim performed :
- 356 Primary Total Hip Replacements (National average 118)
- 217 Primary Total Knee replacements (National average 113)
- 38 Partial Knee replacements (National average 38)
Outcomes collected in the National Joint Registry reveal very satisfactory clinical outcomes in terms of survivorship of the hip and knee replacements and patient safety over the short and long-term.
In addition to the reassuring data available in the National Joint Registry, patient reported outcomes matter. You will find evidence of several patient reported outcomes by clicking on the various links below.
- Malik AT, Jain N, Scharschmidt TJ, Li M, Glassman AH, Khan SN. Does Surgeon Volume Affect Outcomes Following Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty? A Systematic Review. J Arthroplasty. 2018 Oct;33(10):3329-3342. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2018.05.040. Epub 2018 May 31. PMID: 29921502.
- Kugler CM, Goossen K, Rombey T, De Santis KK, Mathes T, Breuing J, Hess S, Burchard R, Pieper D. Hospital volume-outcome relationship in total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2022 Aug;30(8):2862-2877. doi: 10.1007/s00167-021-06692-8. Epub 2021 Sep 8. PMID: 34494124; PMCID: PMC9309153.
- NJR data from April 2019 to March 2022